Advocacy has been my profession and my passion. In my past life, I worked on affordable housing policy, taught history and was a Jesuit seminarian. In Westport, as a member of the Representative Town Meeting for the last decade, I have advocated for Westport neighborhoods and the schools:
- I led the campaign to save the Cribari Bridge and protect Saugatuck and Greens Farms from 18 wheelers.
- I fought to restore critical education funding to the budget.
- I organized the effort to preserve nearly six acres of endangered Westport land as a State Archeological Preserve.
- I was an early and strong proponent to pass a blighted property ordinance, giving Westport legal tools to address conditions negatively impacting property values and safety.
- I got the policies and procedures revised that guide the Department of Public Works’ management of the Town’s sanitary sewer extension program. Guidelines are now clear and fair to both proponents and opponents of future sanitary sewer extensions.
- I led the campaign to stop the construction of a third driveway into the Post Plaza Shopping Center (Barnes & Noble, Angelina’s) on Morningside Drive South directly opposite Green’s Farms Elementary School to ensure the safety of the school buses.
As your First Selectman, I will do a lot more to improve the quality of life for all Westporters.